Talk With a Trucking Accident Lawyer About Truck Accident Causes
For injury victims and their families, it can be almost impossible to know exactly how and why an accident occurred. People just know that they were hurt and that their lives were changed forever. They don't know all the factors that may have contributed to the truck accident, or whether negligence was involved.
Discovering that is our job. At the Carter Law Offices, our Missouri truck accident attorneys are dedicated to discovering the true causes of trucking accidents. When we take your case, we conduct and in-depth investigation. Much more than just reading the police report, we explore all the evidence available.
If you were injured in a truck wreck, call 816-283-3500 now for a free consultation with a Kansas City truck accident attorney.
We talk with witnesses, visit the accident scene and can consult with highly-qualified experts to determine the true causes of a truck accident. When conducting thorough investigations, we may discover that different things were to blame:
- Overloaded trucks and unsecured loads: The load carried by a truck seriously affects they way the truck handles. When trucks are improperly loaded, drivers may have trouble stopping them. Unsecured loads can also be a problem when they fly off of a truck and into traffic.
- Truck driver fatigue: It's no secret that truckers have strict schedules to keep. In order to be in the right place at the right time, many drivers cut corners. They fail to take rest breaks and they drive when they are too tired to operate their vehicles safely.
- Truck drivers with sleep apnea: Truckers with sleep apnea or other impairments must meet specific requirements in order to be safe on the road. If they don't, they can put other drivers at risk.
- Driving while impaired: Drug and alcohol use by truckers is the cause of many serious accidents. And a trucker does not have to get a DUI in order to be considered negligent. If you believe that a driver who injured you or your family was drinking, it is critical that you contact a lawyer.
- Texting and trucking: Distracted driving has become an increasing problem on roads throughout the United States. Drivers text while driving. They also adjust their onboard computers or participate in other dangerous behaviors.
- Unsafe highway conditions and maintenance: When roads are too steep or when construction areas are improperly marked, even the safest driver may cause an accident. We investigate road conditions as well as driver behavior after an accident.
- Road rage or aggressive driving: Aggressive truck drivers might face criminal penalties, but should still be held accountable to their victims. By filing personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, accident victims can get the medical care and support needed to move forward with their lives.
- Equipment problems and tire blowouts: When equipment malfunctions, it can be difficult for truckers to keep their trucks under control. Brake or tire problems have led to many serious accidents.
If you or a loved one have been hurt, we would like to hear from you. Give us a call at 816-283-3500 . You may also contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation with a Missouri truck accident attorney. At Carter Law Offices, we can make a difference.