Registered Nurses on Staff to Help Hold Providers Responsible
Patients are in a vulnerable position, trusting that the doctors and nurses know what they're doing and are paying close attention. The outcomes can be devastating when physicians or hospital staff fail in their duty to patients.
The medical malpractice attorneys at Carter Law Offices holds medical providers accountable for negligence causing serious injury, illness or death. We have secured dozens of settlements and jury verdicts for clients in the greater Kansas City area (Missouri and Kansas). Call a medical malpractice attorney at 816-283-3500 for a free case evaluation.
Medical negligence takes many forms:
- Medication errors — Wrong drug, wrong dose, necessary medicine not received
- Birth injury (including cerebral palsy) — Delivery trauma or negligent prenatal or neonatal care
- Hospital falls — Many of our cases have involved clients weakened by surgery, illness or medication who suffered injury in hospital falling accidents. We proved that staff failed to assess patients' fall risk and protect and monitor them accordingly.
- Diagnosis errors — Doctors can't always discover what ails us. But they are accountable when they miss telltale signs or fail to order follow-up tests, resulting in (a) failure to diagnose cancer or serious illness or (b) misdiagnosis and unnecessary or harmful treatment.
- Surgical errors — Botched procedures, leaving equipment in the patient, performing the wrong operation, anesthesia errors or failing to monitor patients in recovery can result in sepsis, nerve damage, internal bleeding, heart attack, stroke or death.
- Emergency room negligence — Failing to assess life-threatening conditions, leading to serious illness or fatality when patients are "parked" or prematurely discharged.
Medical Malpractice Litigation — Identifying the Breach of Trust
Carter Law Offices has successfully sued Research Medical Center, St. Luke's Hospital, Truman Medical Center-Lakewood and other facilities and individual doctors across the Kansas City area. Our track record is the result of thoroughly documented claims that illustrate how providers deviated from the standard of care.
Our malpractice team knows what documents to look for and what questions to ask in hospital negligence cases. Trial lawyer Doug Carter has practiced in plaintiff litigation since 1996, and he brings valuable insights from his prior career in personal injury defense work. Our on-staff registered nurse can quickly evaluate claims to determine if clients have grounds to sue. Our staff nurse helps review medical records, get the lawsuit certified and locate testifying medical experts.
Contact a Medical Negligence Lawyer in Independence
There is little margin for error, yet medical negligence occurs on a daily basis. If you or a loved one was a victim, contact Carter Law Offices today for a free case evaluation. Like a good doctor, we make house calls and hospital visits.