Independence Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
Litigation over Birth Trauma and Pregnancy Care
Parents wishing only for a healthy newborn are devastated when their baby is born with brain damage or nerve damage. If a birth injury was caused by negligence of an OB/GYN, surgeon or nurses, Carter Law Offices can assert your interests in a lawsuit to hold them accountable.
Our medical malpractice team has recovered substantial compensation for birth injury claims. Call us at 816-283-3500 for a free initial consultation.
Attorney Doug Carter and our on-staff registered nurses handle the spectrum of medical negligence cases involving fetal and newborn injury or death:
Negligence in Pregnancy and Prenatal Care
- Failure to identify birth defects (sometimes correctable in the womb)
- Failure to diagnose gestational diabetes or preeclampsia (hypertension) in the mother, which can threaten her life or cause premature birth
- Failure to halt pre-term labor
Malpractice in Labor and Delivery
- Failure to give steroids to pre-term babies
- Failure to respond to fetal distress
- Delayed C-section
- Nerve damage from delivery technique (Erb's palsy)
- Brain damage from lack of oxygen (cerebral palsy)
Negligence in Neonatal Care
- Failure to treat labored breathing or jaundice
- Failure to notify doctors of newborn distress
Experienced trial lawyer Doug Carter seeks to hold all parties responsible for a preventable birth injury or death. We review the medical records and secure testimony of medical experts who can attest that physicians did not follow accepted obstetric procedures. For example, certain K.C. area hospitals, especially late at night when they are understaffed, are known for shoulder dystocia birth injuries or failing to perform C-sections at early indications of fetal distress.
If your baby is suffering from the effects of birth trauma or other negligence, contact Carter Law Offices for a free case evaluation.