People sometimes fail to realize that accidents can happen while boating. Sadly, the United States Coast Guard reports that over 4,000 people were injured in boat accidents last year in the United States. Many of these boating accidents lead to serious injury or drowning. And many of the victims found their lives changed forever.
If a negligent boater has put you at harm, talking to the boating accident lawyers at the Carter Law Offices in Kansas City can help you understand your legal options. Our Kansas City, Missouri, law firm has been helping personal injury victims achieve full and fair compensation since 1996. We use decades of experience, plus legal and medical knowledge to achieve the best possible results.
A Dedicated Legal Team
Our legal team includes a trial lawyer with decades of experience, a registered nurse and a doctor of chiropractic on staff. Our legal and medical knowledge helps us get the best possible results for our clients — compensation to cover the cost of future medical care, lost earnings, lasting disability, and pain and suffering after a boating accident.
Experience has taught us that there are many things negligent boaters do to put others at risk of personal injury or wrongful death:
- They don't take the safety precautions seriously.
- They don't pay proper attention and don't keep a proper lookout.
- They drink or use drugs while driving their boats.
- They fail to have required lights on their boats.
- They place children or inexperienced operators behind the wheel.
- They operate their boats recklessly and aggressively.
- They speed, even in circumstances that require caution.
Skilled Representation For Victims Of Personal Watercraft Accidents
Many of the same factors apply in personal watercraft accidents as in boating accidents. Common issues in Jet Ski accidents include:
- Failure to provide safety equipment: Jet Skis are a common rental item. Unfortunately, rental companies often fail to explain the hazards associated with Jet Ski use or provide the appropriate safety equipment.
- Design defects, manufacturing problems and lack of proper warnings: Personal watercraft can be dangerous, especially if those dangers are not made obvious to the user. If you have been injured due to a defect or because you were not warned of a potential hazard, contact our law firm.
- Operator negligence: All too often, inexperienced or negligent personal watercraft operators fail to uphold the safety standards expected of them, leading to the injury of other riders.
Contact a Boating Accident Lawyer in Kansas City
If you have been hurt in a boating accident, our attorneys are ready to help you pursue the compensation you deserve. We will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your injury, pushing hard to achieve the most favorable possible results.
To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys, contact us online or call 816-283-3500.