Missouri Elder Abuse Lawyer
Proven Results in Nursing Home Negligence, Neglect and Abuse
The Kansas City nursing home abuse team at the Carter Law Offices is committed to making a difference in the quality of long-term care. By making a nursing home accountable to pay damages for your loved one's injuries or abuse, we hope to convince these facilities to change their practices so other families are spared the same tragedy.
Our legal team has had notable success in nursing home litigation, prosecuting dozens of cases since 1996. We serve the Kansas City metro area and surrounding counties, practicing in both Missouri and Kansas. If your elderly parent or family member suffered injury or died because of substandard care or nursing home abuse, call our Kansas City nursing home abuse attorneys at 816-283-3500 for a free consultation.
Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Carter Law Offices has recovered monetary compensation for medical treatment, permanent disability and emotional impact of:
- Bedsores (pressure ulcers) from patient neglect
- Falling injuries from failure to monitor and assist
- Medication errors — Prescribing the wrong drug, administering an overdose, failing to check for dangerous drug interactions or failing to start patients on meds the doctor ordered — any of these can cause irreversible damage or death.
- Failure to monitor, diagnose and treat — Nursing home staffers are the eyes and ears for the doctor and the family. When a patient's declining health goes unnoticed because of understaffing or negligent care, it can lead to serious illness, malnutrition/dehydration or trips to the ER (often too late).
- Elopement — Some patients have a known tendency to wander off. Failure to watch over them can lead to serious injuries (falls, car accidents, muggings) when they leave the premises.
- Assaults — Elderly residents are especially vulnerable to nursing home abuse (sexual assault, physical abuse, psychological/emotional abuse and even financial exploitation) at the hands of staff or other residents, a failure of inadequate security or negligent hiring.
Specific Experience in Nursing Home Litigation
Nursing home cases are not like other personal injury or medical malpractice cases. Attorney Doug Carter has chaired the Nursing Home Negligence Committee of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association. He knows the specific statutes and health regulations pertaining to nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Our on-staff registered nurses know the accepted standards of medical care for these facilities. Working as a team, we examine nursing home records for evidence of mistakes, lapses and intentional acts. We also interview and depose current and former employees of the facility.
Contact Us: Missouri Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Contact Carter Law Offices today if your loved one has suffered abuse in a Kansas City area nursing home. Our elder abuse attorneys are compassionate to your legal needs and can discuss your case and the signs of elder abuse with you. We extend a free case evaluation and work on a contingency fee.