Missouri Wrongful Termination Lawyers
Good employers will take measures to ensure that their employees are taken care of. If an employee reports discrimination or complains about sexual harassment, an employer should follow the necessary steps in order to properly handle the situation. Unfortunately, many employers do not play by the rules, and the employee suffers a demotion or is wrongfully terminated.
At Carter Law Offices, our Kansas City employment attorneys stand up for employees and make certain that their rights are protected. Our law firm represents individuals in employment law claims from our offices in Kansas City, Missouri. At our firm, we only side with the employee — never siding with large companies or organizations.
If you've faced discrimination in the workplace, or been fired without cause, call 816-283-3500 today for a free consultation with a experienced Kansas City employment lawyer.
Our experienced attorneys are ready to advocate on your behalf if you believe you have been treated wrongly from the following situations:
- Discrimination: If you have experienced unlawful bias in pay or wrongful termination, we will stand up for your rights.
- Retaliation: If you have been retaliated against for complaining about sexual harassment or discrimination, or reporting fraud or illegal activity — then you have been treated unlawfully and you may be able to sue.
- Whistleblower: Those who report or refuse to go along with illegal activity such as fraud are entitled to legal protection under the "Whistleblower" Act and other laws.
- Sex discrimination: If you have been wrongfully terminated, suffered a downgrade in working hours or pay decrease because of your sex, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Disability discrimination: Companies can be found liable when they discriminate because of one's disability. Also, companies must provide reasonable accommodations for a person with a disability. If disability discrimination occurs, you may have a lawsuit.
- Racial discrimination: If you are experiencing racial harassment or discrimination in the workplace, our firm will protect your rights.
- Pregnancy discrimination: Federal laws protect mothers. If you have returned to work after maternity leave to find that your job has been filled or is not needed, you may be able to file a claim.
- sexual harassment: If you have been subjected to sexual harassment or retaliated against for complaining about sexual harassment, our firm will fight for your rights.
- Hostile work environment: You do not have to suffer through working in a hostile work environment. Talk to an attorney from our firm about ways to correct the situation and laws that protect your rights as an employee.
- Unpaid overtime: Federal and state laws require companies to pay overtime to hourly employees. If you have been treated unfairly or have not been paid for your overtime hours, we can help.
- Shareholder disputes: We represent employees who have become co-owners in the business where they work. These cases often involve a minority shareholder not being treated fairly by someone else who is in greater control. If you have been fired or shut out of the business, we will fight for your rights.
Contact Us Today to Speak with our Kansas City Discrimination Lawyers
If you feel that you have been wrongfully terminated from your job or demoted due to discrimination or harassment, free consultation an employment law attorney in Kansas City by calling the Carter Law Offices at 816-283-3500 or toll free at 877-276-3500.