Motor Vehicle Accidents In Kansas City
There is an old adage that says, “He who represents himself has a fool for a lawyer.” In car wreck cases, that actually isn’t always the case. There are times when people do not need a lawyer’s help to handle their case. If that is the case, we will tell you. We will share with you that you do not need to hire us — or anyone else.
Schedule a free consultation today. Contact Carter Law Offices: 816-287-9326.
But the reality is that, in most instances, people do a lot better if they have a competent motor vehicle accident attorney on their side. The insurance adjusters who talk with you may want you to think that they are your friends. They may want you to think that they care about you. But the truth is that they are not your friend. They are there to keep you from making a phone call to a competent Kansas City motor vehicle accident lawyer.
At Carter Law Offices, we represent victims of many types of motor vehicle accidents throughout the Kansas City, Missouri, area:
- Truck accidents: Truck drivers have a firm responsibility to drive safely and avoid distractions. Failure to do so can result in severe injuries.
- Automobile/car accidents: Were you injured due to another driver’s negligence? Whether it was behind the wheel, on a bicycle or in a crosswalk, our attorneys can help you claim compensation.
- Motorcycle accidents: Protected by little more than leather and a helmet, motorcyclists often suffer serious injuries in motor vehicle accidents.
- SUV rollover accidents: Large SUVs are prone to rollovers, which can lead to devastating injuries for both the driver and passengers.
- Boating accidents: Boaters can cause severe injuries when they drive irresponsibly, particularly if they are under the influence of alcohol.
- Personal watercraft accidents: If you have been harmed by a Jet Ski or any other type of personal watercraft, our attorneys can help you claim compensation.
- Bus and other mass transit accidents: Have you been hurt in a bus accident? You may be able to seek compensation from the bus company or managing municipality.
- Railway accidents: Railway accidents can cause devastating, even fatal injuries. Our attorneys can help you recover compensation for your losses.
Preparing for Trial — Settling For The Full And Fair Amount
Working with an experienced attorney after your accident can be beneficial for many reasons. We can work with insurance providers on your behalf and represent you in court.
When we take your auto accident case, we will go as far as necessary to win compensation for you. We promptly investigate and completely prepare your case for trial. This thorough preparation helps us stand up for your rights.
While settling directly with your insurance adjuster can often mean settling for less than your case is worth, being ready for trial means that — if necessary — we can take negligent drivers, including uninsured and underinsured motorists, to court and win. This helps us avoid the stress of a trial on our clients, as we often settle their cases for the full and fair amount before ever reaching the courtroom.
Our staff includes two trained medical providers: a registered nurse and a doctor of chiropractic. Both are available to help in all cases that involve medical issues or personal injury. They consult with our attorneys on cases, help us review files and can talk to you about your personal injury.
Injured By A Distracted Driver? We Can Help.
Driver inattention is a leading cause of many car accidents. In most cases, however, drivers deny being distracted. Since Missouri is a pure comparative negligence state, damages are reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to a driver. That means that if you suffer $50,000 in damages, but are deemed 50% at fault, the most you can recover is $25,000. That’s why our personal injury attorneys work with accident investigators in determining how a car accident happened and why.
If road conditions were icy or rainy, we measure skid marks to determine if the person who hit you was driving too fast for those conditions. We also recover information from the crash site to determine if there is any evidence that a driver was eating, drinking or trying to text a message at the time of the accident. Once we have a clear understanding of the circumstances surrounding the accident, we will use that information to help you recover the maximum possible compensation.
Skilled Representation For Those Injured In ATV Accidents
Many riders — especially inexperienced ones — suffer serious injuries in ATV accidents each year. While reckless riding is often to blame, these accidents are also caused by defective ATV parts, by inadequate warnings or by riders who put others at risk.
If you have been injured in an ATV accident, don’t assume that it’s your fault. Talk with one of our attorneys about your options. The legal team at Carter Law Offices can help you understand how the accident happened and how you can recover compensation for your injuries.
We handle personal injury cases related to many types of recreational vehicles, not just ATVs. These include quads (four-wheelers), dirt bikes, snowmobiles, mopeds, bicycles and Jet Ski accidents.
Dram Shop Liability For Drunk Driving Accidents
Under Missouri’s dram shop laws, establishments that sell alcohol can be held financially liable for serving intoxicated customers who hurt others in car accidents. At Carter Law Offices, our attorneys recover financial damages for clients who have been injured or lost family members in auto accidents caused by drunk drivers.
Compassionate Legal Guidance For Those Who Have Lost Loved Ones
The sudden death of a family member is devastating and tragic. During such difficult times, Carter Law Offices offers the ability to seek damages and hold negligent parties responsible for their actions. Having compassionate and experienced attorneys at your side can make all the difference.