Truck Accident Statistics
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you are not alone. Many people each year are injured in similar accidents throughout the United States. In fact, you may find the truck accident statistics simply staggering:
- A big semi-truck and fully-loaded trailer can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and be as much as 75 feet in length.
- As many as 15.5 million trucks operate in the United States. These trucks are owned by over 500,000 different trucking companies.
- Trucking revenues totaled $610 billion last year. Revenues are expected to double by the year 2015.
- Most truck wrecks happen at high speeds on interstates and highways — not at slow speeds on local streets.
- There are approximately 500,000 truck accidents every year in the United States.
- Between 41,000 and 45,000 traffic deaths occur every year in the United States.
- Around 5,000 of these fatalities are caused by truck accidents.
- In a single year in Missouri, nearly 200 people are killed in truck accidents
- Over 2000 truck accidents resulted in personal injuries in a single year in our state.
We Are Ready To Take On The Trucking Companies
Reading these statistics, you may have guessed it: the trucking industry is huge. In fact, truck accident cases can be a bit like David fighting Goliath. Trucking companies have millions of dollars to use in litigation, avoiding responsibility for trucking accidents. It takes a lot to take them on. But at our law firm in Kansas City, Missouri, we have the knowledge, experience and skill to do the right thing for the truck accident victims we represent.
Compassionate Legal Support
And at the Carter Law Offices, in Kansas City, we are genuinely empathetic and compassionate to the folks we meet, partly because many of us have gone through similar experiences ourselves.
Our lawyers, medical and legal staff members know how hard it is to suffer a personal injury and how challenging it can be to take legal action. Our entire staff stands by you throughout the process, sharing our strength with you — even as you, like many other Americans, face the challenges brought by a wreck.
To talk with us about how a truck crash has affected your life, give us a call at 816-897-7772 or contact us online. One of our experienced attorneys will work with you one-on-one to help you prepare an effective personal injury case. We offer free initial consultations to all prospective clients.